The Sony Xperia ZL has already been released for quite a while and now you can learn the way to install the CWM Recovery. Read through the complete guide which have listed below and you can manage to flash all the necessary files properly. Begin the installation if only you are an advanced Android consumer.
This custom recovery image has actually been shared to XDA forums and it’s also confirmed to work with the Sony Xperia ZL. You shouldn’t try to apply this tutorial with another Android device. You will find a link to the XDA thread by the end of this article and there you can get more details regarding this tool and its developer.
The CWM Recovery is a customized tool which enables you to flash the latest custom ROMs or perhaps root your device by using it. It’s going to replace the stock Xperia ZL Recovery which will grant you to include any new customization file to your device. So as to make certain that you complete the installation process with success, you will first need to read through the preparation guide below:
- Use the guide just for the Sony Xperi ZL device. Don’t attempt to use this tutorial for any other Android device.
- The device should be factory unlocked, because this tutorial would not work otherwise.
- Your device must be operating the 10.1.A.1.350/434 firmware version.
- Your phone is required to have a properly working fastboot.
- Make sure that you have installed Sony Xperia ZL USB drivers on your computer.
- The USB Debugging option must be enabled. You can get this in the Developer / Development Options menu.
- Disable all the anti-virus / security tools from operating on your computer. This may prevent any tools from interfering with the CWM Recovery install.
- Make a backup for all the files which are presently saved on your device.
- Make certain that your Xperia ZL battery has got enough power remaining before it will discharge completely.
- This custom recovery image is released by Doomlord, an XDA member and developer
- Don’t use this CWM Recovery with the CyanogenMod 10.1 builds.
- Do this at your own risk, don’t blame us just in case something goes wrong and then you lose data or you brick the device during this process.
- In case you are unable to complete the tutorial, then you may ask for further assist in our comments field. Make sure you give detailed information about the steps you took and also where you got stuck, so that we can try provide you with the best solutions.
How to install CWM Recovery for the Sony XPERIA ZL (Stock Kernel):
- Download CWM Recovery 22.214.171.124 for your device. Then save it on your PC.
- Extract the contents of this zip files and put them in a single folder that’s stored on your Desktop screen.
- And then copy the boot.img file to the Fastboot folder.
- Now, turn off the Sony XPERIA ZL .
- Next, boot it into Fastboot Mode by Pressing Volume Up and Power at the same time.
- Connect your Device to your PC by using USB cable and wait until the LED lights show a blue colour.
- Start the command prompt window to the ‘fastboot’ folder. You can do this by pressing and holding SHIFT button on your PC keyboard, and after that right-click the folder that you want to launch the CMD window.
- At this point, to be able to install the CWM Recovery image you will have to enter the following command line: fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Once the install process is finished with success, you will need to reboot the device and disconnect it from your computer.
- CWM Recovery should right now be installed on your Sony XPERIA ZL . Use it to flash custom ROMs as well as any other customization files.
If perhaps this tutorial doesn’t succeed at your first attempt, then you need to keep trying until it is able to to flash the custom recovery files.
The creator of this CWM Recovery for Xperia ZL states that the USB Storage will not work with it. You can find more details in his XDA thread here.
These were all of the guidelines which you have to take in order to flash a custom recovery image on your Sony Xperia ZL device. Just in case you are unable to complete the installation, then you need to leave a detailed comment below and we’ll try to get a solution so that you can manage to get CWM Recovery files on your device.